Saturday, June 20, 2020

The African-American Enlightenism Mind

"You have the power to help yourself with Enlightenism"

The 21st century is turning out to be society's reintroduction to racism, violence, murder, and mass protests.  Many seem shocked that we're still dealing with these problems. They had such high hopes and dreams that this was the century where we could live freely without discussing African-Americans' victimization by police officers. 

I wrote a twentieth-century book, "The New African-American Man," that defined the process for creating "A New Way to Think and Live." I wrote it to share insights with African-Americans on how to use Empowerment (Enlightenism) to overcome the type of victimization we're witnessing now. Twenty-three years later, I believe the book is more relevant now than it was then.

"When I became conscious of being a victim, about the time I graduated from high school. I developed a dislike for those who aided this process. I longed to be free from this weight of ignorance that had been placed upon me by others. I wanted to get as far away from them as possible. I wanted equality. I was now on the crowded road with millions of other African-American victims fighting to become equal to European Americans. I was screaming to the world, 'I am somebody. I am equal and treat me the same as a white man.'

"My dreams of empowerment became visions of achieving the success that European Americans have decreed to all Americans. Success was based solely on obtaining material wealth, power, and recognition -- all of which were controlled by European Americans. In a real sense, I dreamt of becoming a person who would be acceptable to European Americans. Like many others, I desired to become more like European Americans than true to my African American heritage.

"In my heart, I was not working to become a victim. I wanted to be an acceptable African American who could live within a system that was not designed to empower me. As a bona fide victim, my dreams of success involved obtaining a job, with some status, buying a fancy car, living in a big house, and receiving recognition for my work.

"All around me, I saw other African Americans fighting to change the way European Americans administered the institutions so that blacks were afforded the basic rights to eat, sleep, work, and enjoy the pursuits of happiness enjoyed by other Americans.

"To me, the fight for civil rights was interpreted by European Americans as a fight for acceptance and recognition rather than a fight for empowerment. However, the victim's fight is a misguided one that places him or her in conflict with his desires to be free and accepted by society, the latter of which made him a victim in the first place.

"Victims are incapable of developing a strategy to fight for anything. Before they can fight for freedom, they first must acknowledge that society taught them how to be a victim. Once this acknowledgment  has been made, then they are capable of understanding the methods used."

Excerpts from "The New African-American Man" by Malcolm Kelly


Enlightenism is the power to create "A New Way to Think and Live."

Contact www.nationalbyesociety.org to schedule speaking events for "Brother Malcolm.


No comments: