Saturday, April 27, 2019

Achieving Spiritual Clarity

For as long as I can remember, I believed I was destined to live according to God's will. This meant,  that before I was born, God had determined my purpose, including the extent of my lack, limitation, and struggle. God also chose my parents, spouse, children, career, and so on to assist me with expressing my divine purpose. .

Similarly, since God knew everything I would do before I did something, God also determined whether or not I would become an addict, criminal, minister, or choose some other lifestyle. And whether I liked it or not, this was the way God created me to live.

Even though I frequently fought with myself to overcome this spiritual edict, I discovered  there was no escape from my actions. Regardless of my free-will actions, they could always be interpreted as being consistent with my divine purpose. In other words, if I became an alcoholic, this was part of fulfilling my purpose.

Similarly, whatever happened to me, it happened because God created me to undergo these experiences in order to fulfill my divine purpose. If one is born a slave, it's God's will. If one is born a slave-owner, it's God will. These are the interpretations many use to remain victims of spiritual misinterpretations about the Greater Power.

Whenever we limit ourselves to believe others' interpretations of divine creation, we become victimized by their interpretations.  That's why the victim in us, the consciousness of lack, limitation, and struggle, seeks freedom, but accepts victimization. We lack a perspective that's free of toxic beliefs and values.

Nevertheless, even after having embodied these beliefs and values, there are moments in our lives when we have brief glimpses into clarity. During these moments, we feel our toxicity disappear. This is our intuitive consciousness letting us know we can unlearn others' interpretations denying that we were born whole, perfect, and complete.

It is important to understand spiritual misinterpretations about the Greater Power, and ask ourselves if we're willing to address spiritual clarity from a new perspective that gives us power over our own lives.

How do we begin the process to achieve spiritual clarity? We begin by relinquishing the fear of our unconditioned consciousness. This empowers us with the courage to examine the origins of the beliefs and values defining our awareness-of-being. We then understand the glimpses into clarity come from this consciousness..

When we  accept the Greater Power as unconditioned consciousness, then we accept that our own consciousness is the  spiritual clarity we need to overcome others' interpretations about our divine purpose.

           "Enlightenism" by "Brother Malcolm" Kelly

No comments: