Monday, November 11, 2013

Change Your Thoughts -- Change Your Life

"I am that person that I believe I am."

No one can change another person. We can only sit on the sidelines and observe and judge others' behavior. Some of it seems deleterious, while at other times, it seems like the person is changing his or her life.

Most of us are trying to change other people while we are tied to the same toxic beliefs and values that we observe in them, but not in ourselves. We're unaware of this behavior in our lives because we are bogged down with powerlessness on the suffering road.


There are some things we can immediately do to get off the suffering road and begin to travel on the enlightenment road. It is on the enlightenment road that we are able to travel freely without our toxic beliefs and values.

For many of us, the enlightenment road is only a myth. We cannot remember ever seeing or being on it. And to make matters worse, we have never seen anyone on this road.

Nevertheless, we have the power to take us onto the enlightenment road. This process begins when we can say with feeling and commitment: "I acknowledge that I am responsible for the current conditions in my life."

This acknowledgement is the first step to get us moving into a different state of consciousness. And in this new state of consciousness we're able to see that the suffering road is filled with layers of our powerless consciousness.

Powerlessness is the source of our suffering. It is what prevents us from believing we have the power to change our lives without relying on others to tell us how to do it.

We have the power to change our own lives.  We are not only acknowledging that we are responsible for the conditions in our lives, but we are also confirming:  "I acknowledge that my beliefs and values created the conditions in my life."

Our beliefs and values are what we use to create an identity or to become aware that "I am that person that I believe I am."

All that we know comes from these beliefs and values. They are responsible for the current conditions we are struggling to overcome.

Meanwhile, the greatest power we have to change our lives is within our minds and it's Powers of Mind. This is our intuitive-unconditioned consciousness or the I AM in us.

So we have the choice of continuing on the suffering road or to change our thoughts and begin to travel on the enlightenment road. This choice is one that will determine whether we can see and hear or continue to be  blind and deaf.

"I am that person that I believe I am."


No comments: